Green Split Pea & Pasta Salad
- ½ cup dry split peas
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups Farfalle pasta (bow tie pasta)
- 5 cups water
- 5-6 green onion, sliced
- 1 container grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 7-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 fresh lemon squeezed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp lemon pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil and add split peas, reduce heat to a soft boil for approximately 25 minutes or until they are just tender. Drain and rinse until cool while preparing the remainder of the salad.
- Bring water to a boil, add pasta and reduce heat to a soft boil until pasta is cooked, but not over cooked. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil, minced garlic and oregano. Sauté until garlic becomes tender and slightly brown, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add the lemon juice, stir together and set aside until cool.
- Place all ingredients together and toss with dressing, add some shredded cheese if you like and it is ready to serve.