Pennsylvania Dutch Beans
- 1 pound dried baby lima beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain beans; return to pan. Add 4 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wipe pan dry with paper towel. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Combine beans, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, onion mixture, broth, and next 4 ingredients (through mustard) in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from oven; stir in sour cream. Serve immediately.