Pinto and Hominy Salad
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans,drained or 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can hominy, drained
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered or 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup Cotija chees, crumbled or 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a large bowl, add the pinto beans, hominy, red onion, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, red bell pepper, and jalapeño. Toss until well combined.
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and smoked paprika. Pour over the beans and stir until evenly distributed. Stir in the Cotija or feta cheese. Add salt to taste.
- While you can serve it immediately, it tastes better if covered and chilled for at least an hour.