Nick Sampson (Adapted from bushbeans.com, 2017.)
Spicy Sausage Skillet
- 2 cups of Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sweet or spicy sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces (casings removed)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (15 oz) chunky tomato or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; brown evenly, about 3 minutes. Add green pepper and cook slightly.
- Add beans and tomato sauce; reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and topped with cheese.
Can substitute any kind of sausage that you want.