Nick Sampson (Adapted from Allrecipes.com, 2017.)
Creamy White Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups of great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; stir in the chicken, onion, and garlic into the hot pan. Cook until the center of the chicken is cooked and the juices run clear, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix in the Great Northern beans, chicken broth, green chiles, salt, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into chicken mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chili from heat; stir in sour cream and whipping cream until well incorporated.